All guests who would like to stay or are staying at Grand Hotel Velingrad are requested to read the Hotel’s General rules and conditions:
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Types of room rates
The rooms booked under this rate are fully paid in advance during the booking process by credit card if the booking is made via hotel’s website: https://grandhotelvelingrad.reserve-online.net/ or by bank transfer if booking is made by phone call or e-mail sent to Reception desk and / or Reservation department.
If cancelled 100% of total reservation amount will be charged as cancellation fee. In case of no-show 100% of total reservation amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
Fully flexible rate –subject to cancellation and modifications on certain conditions
If cancelled up to 7 days prior arrival no fees apply. For cancellations later, the 100% of the 1st night will be charged. In case of no-show 100% of total reservation amount will be charged as cancellation fee
To guarantee and secure the reservation a credit card is required. The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to guest’s arrival.
TYPES OF ROOMS
- Standard room
- Double room Deluxe
- Double room Grand Deluxe
- Apartment Junior
- Apartment Deluxe
- VIP Apartment
- Presidential Suite
PRICE PER ROOM
Price includes: use of Outdoor swimming pool, Indoor swimming pool with 100 % mineral water (12.5x25m, 29C )and children’s 100% mineral water pool (35 C), and Jacuzzi, all of them with mineral water, fitness, children’s play room; Sauna park – Finnish sauna, Bio sauna, Steam bath, Ice room, Emotional showers, hot stone beds, Volcanic room, relax area; Free wireless internet, LCD TV, IP television and Video on Demand with huge collection with movies and safety deposit box at your room and Parking
Room prices are determined by the hotel. The hotel reserves its right to change at any time its pricing policy.
Any child up to and including 2 years old stays for free when using an available cot.
Any child from 3 years old to 5 years old stays for free when using an available extra bed.
Any child from 6 years old to 11 years old stays for 30.00% of the adult rate per person per night when using an available extra bed.
Any person 12 years old and over stays for 70.00% of the adult rate per person per night when using an available extra bed.
The payment for the children is determined by the age at check out date.
REDUCTIONS FOR ACCOMODATION
An adult on an extra bed – 30 % off the price for bed in the respective room on BB basis
Single accommodation – 10 % off the price of double room per night on BB basis. The reductions do not apply to accommodation in apartments.
MAXIMUM ACCOMODATION CAPACITY
Standard room, Double room Deluxe, Double room Grand deluxe – max 3 persons or 3 adults plus 2 children up to 11.99
Apartment Junior – max 4 persons or 2 adults plus 2 children up to 11.99 or 3 adults and 1 child up to 11.99
Apartment Deluxe – max. 2 adults plus 2 children up to 11.99, or 3 adults plus 1 child up to 11.99
Should you have any queries about maximum capacity of each room, contact Reception desk or Reservations department for any details. Grand hotel Velingrad reserves its right to deny access to more people than allowed for the respective room type.
PAYMENT OF HOTEL SERVICES
All hotel services available on the premises of the hotel can be used against the number of room in which guests stay. At the Restaurant and / or lobby bar guests sign the receipt with the room number indicated on it as the costs incurred are charged on the bill for the room and paid at check-out.
All hotel services can be paid in cash or by credit card at Reception desk at check out. Reception desk accepts all types of credit cards. Guests receive detailed printout for all the hotel services used.
If guests want to extend their stay they should contact Reception desk about possibilities to do so.
Arrival and Departure Policy
Check-in time is of 14:00 (unless previously guaranteed by Hotel); check-outs should be done by 12:00. Late checkout is possible every day subject to availability. The hotel reserves its right to confirm possibility for late check out 24 hours prior to it.
Food and Beverage
No food and drinks are allowed to be taken to the guest’s rooms or brought into the Hotel (external purchases). Please have in mind that mini bar items are paid. The cost of consumed items will be added to your room bill. If you do not want to use the mini bar service, please inform the Reception. It is not allowed to put your own food and drinks in the mini fridge. The mini bar will be restocked on a daily bases.
No alcoholic beverages can be brought into Grand Hotel Velingrad. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the hotel may not leave the premises in which they are purchased. Excessive drinking and abuse of alcohol are cause for expulsion from the hotel without refund.
No alcohol is served to any guests under age of 18 as per Bulgarian legislation.
In line with the change in Bulgarian legislation, Grand hotel Velingrad operates a NO SMOKING policy within all interior areas of the Hotel, including: guest bedrooms, public areas and corridors. Designated smoking areas have been allocated within the Hotel outdoor grounds. We appreciate your co-operation with this No Smoking Policy.
The dress code in all public areas within the Hotel is smart casual. Guests are only allowed to be in swimwear and / or bathrobes at the Hotel Spa center and swimming pools area. When frequenting any other public areas, they are required to be fully dressed and in accordance with our dress code policy.
The Hotel reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behavior of guests, who must take all steps for corrective action as requested by the Hotel.
In the event of failure to comply with management requests, the Hotel may terminate the booking or stop any event immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation. It is the policy of the Hotel not to discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, creed, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability. Guests, employees and all sub-contractors are expected to adhere to this policy and the Hotel may, without incurring any liability to the guest, remove from the Hotel any person or persons offending against this policy.
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, please always wear long pants in the hotel common areas and restaurants. Proper footwear and bathrobe are required in the SPA and Pool area.
We expect all guests to behave in a family-friendly manner. Line jumping, profanity and unruly behavior are offensive to hotel guests and may be cause for expulsion without refund.
Grand hotel Velingrad has a zero tolerance policy in which it will refuse to admit of refuse service or accommodation in the hotel or may remove a person who: while on the premises of the hotel acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy hotel property, or causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance; or refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services.
Grand hotel Velingrad may limit the number of persons who may occupy a particular guest room in the hotel and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities. A person who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the hotel or any furniture or furnishings within the hotel, shall be liable for damages sustained by the hotel staff, including the hotel’s loss of revenue resulting from the inability to rent or lease rooms while the damage is being repaired. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, the Hotel reserves the right to get in touch with the guest and / or tour Operator and the Authorities for further assistance. No exceptions will be made.
Please comply with the following general rules:
- Children below 12 years of age should be accompanied by a responsible adult within the Hotel area – outdoor and indoor at all times. None of the kids should be left without supervision except when using animation services.
- Children below 12 years of age are not allowed to use any of the Hotel’s elevators if they are not accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to self-service on the restaurant buffets and should be accompanied by a responsible person.
- Running and playing through the Hotel’s corridors and public areas is absolutely forbidden.
- It is strictly prohibited to lean over parapets on the floors by both children and adults. Adults must read all the warning boards, placed for that purpose on each hotel floor.
- It is not allowed children below 12 years of age to use the equipment in the gym, sauna and steam bath.
- Running in the swimming pools and Spa center areas is strictly forbidden.
- Use of Jacuzzi pool by children under age of 12 is not allowed.
- Jumping into all types of pools – indoor and outdoor is strictly prohibited.
- Before using the pools and in order to protect guests and their comfort the use of footwear – slippers and taking a shower are obligatory. Shower cabins are located next to the entrance to the swimming pool area.
- Due to its physical features the flooring around the swimming pools can be wet and slippery. Guests are required to be careful and read all the warning signs in order to avoid any accidents.
- Climbing on the fence, chairs and tables is absolutely forbidden.
- The Hotel reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of guests, who must take all steps for corrective action as requested by the Hotel.
- All guests are obliged to comply with the set rules and signs in the Hotel area as well as with the oral recommendations of the staff.
- The Management reserves the right to check the luggage of the guests if they are suspected of taking away hotel property.
Guests using profanity or abusive language, symbols or gestures may be asked to leave the Hotel without refund.
Pets are not accepted, with the exception of guide dogs.
The Hotel has its own car park, which is free for Hotel guests and according to availability of parking space. The Hotel does not accept responsibility whatsoever for damage to, or theft from, or theft of, vehicles parked on the Hotel premises.
By entering the property, each guest grants Grand Hotel Velingrad the right to film videotape, or photograph him/her on hotel property for any reason without payment or consideration.
A video surveillance system operates on the territory of the hotel (with the exception of toilets, hotel rooms and some areas in Spa center). By using hotel services guests consent to video surveillance.
If your child gets lost or separated from your party, contact Grand hotel Velingrad employee or security officer for assistance.
Key Cards Locks
Grand hotel Velingrad takes the advantage of the added safety provided to guests, by using key card locks. Each card is individually coded for each room. Guests are guaranteed that no one, except the authorized staff, may enter their room. The Hotel has implemented the Access Control System, including guests and staff, which give information about entry of each room. Every member of the staff has individual defined access in the Hotel, specified according to his responsibilities and duties.
At Grand hotel Velingrad, we have our own staff of trained security guards working 24-hours every day to provide safety and security for our guests.
Staff Access Control System
The Hotel is equipped with high technology access control system. Each member of the staff has individual card allowing access to the zones needed. There are security checks when entering and leaving the Hotel.
In Room Safe
Grand Hotel Velingrad provides in-room safety deposit box for every premise. It is included in the room rate. The Hotel is not responsible for any valuables and money, left unlocked and outside the individual safe, including those in the guest’s rooms and public areas.
In case of an electrical outage, Grand Hotel Velingrad provides limited emergency stand-by power in order to assure emergency lightening and power for some of the main kitchen facilities.
We provide housekeeping service everyday between the hours of 8:00 to 16:00. If “Do not disturb” hanger is placed till 15:00 your room will be cleaned the next day. If you need anything after 16:00, please ask at the Reception.
Lost and Found Policy
Grand Hotel Velingrad is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items. All rooms are equipped with in-room safes (no charge is applied). Should any guests lose personal belongings, if recovered, the item will be recorded as ‘found’. Grand Hotel Velingrad keeps detailed records of all ‘found’ items, and will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the hotel’s guest room after the guest has checked-out which will be placed in our Lost & Found safety box. We will ship items back at the owner’s expense. Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within thirty (30) days, will be donated to a local charity or discarded.
Complaints, Liability and Damages Policy
Any comment or complaint regarding the stay should be made to the Front Office or Hotel Duty Manager at the time of visit so that the matter can be resolved immediately. Other than the event of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Hotel, the Hotel’s liability to the guest is limited to the price of the booking. Unless the Hotel is liable under the above clause, the guest indemnifies the Hotel from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the guest, booking, event or function. The Hotel will not be liable for failure to perform, in the event that said failure is caused by any factor beyond its reasonable control. The Hotel reserves the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act, omission, default or neglect of the guests towards the Hotel’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, the Hotel reserves the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit card, or send an invoice for the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage to the registered address. The Hotel will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum. The Hotel is subject to statutory controls, including those relating to fire, licensing, entertainment, health, hygiene and safety. All terms will be construed in accordance with Bulgarian law and the Hotel and guest submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Bulgarian courts.
Third Party Liability: The Hotel does not accept any liability for services rendered by third parties to guests, notwithstanding that such services may be arranged by the Hotel. Any claim, demand, charge, suit or damages which may be incurred by the guests (or any person claiming there under) shall be made directly with such third parties and the Hotel shall render all reasonable assistance in this regard.
Payments of Additional Services
All rates are quoted in national currency, wnich is Bulgarian lev (BGN). All Payments are processed in BGN as required by law. At Reception are accepted the following Credit cards: Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, AMEX.
In case of the lift entrapment or other emergency, Please pick up the phone located in the elevator to reach Reception.
- Grand Hotel Velingrad is a hotel built with materials and furnishing from the latest generation, which provide reliable protection and security. As we are very responsible to the safety of our tourists and staff, we have taken extremely serious precautions to prevent any fire accidents.
- All staff have passed fire training and have been acquaint with Fire Procedures in the hotel;
- There are fire evacuation plan on the back of each guestroom door as well as near the elevators and public areas. Please read them carefully;
- The Hotel is equipped with smoke detectors in rooms and public areas. There is fire alarm system (sound and light);
- There are available fire extinguishers and fire hoses of a suitable size within easy reach of premises;
- All stairways and corridors are separated from the remainder of the Hotel with materials having at least 60 minutes fire resistance.
If you detect fire or smoke, Please dial Reception.
Tell the Receptionist:
- The nature of the emergency
- The floor and room number
- The extent of the fire and any other requested information
- Do not hang up the phone until instructed to do so by the Receptionist.
Natural Disasters – Earthquake, Flood, Severe Weather
In the event of natural disaster:
- Remain calm and follow the staff instructions. Do not run or panic. Stay where you are. Most injuries happen when people are entering or leaving buildings.
- In case of earthquake take cover. If you are inside, get under a heavy desk or table, against an inside wall or under an inside doorway. Stay away from glass, windows, and outside doors. If you are outside, move away from buildings, sidewalks and electric wires.
- Use the stairs; do not use the elevators. Hotel staff will check all exits for safety. You may then leave the building if that is the appropriate action.
- In case of earthquake don’t use candles, matches or open flames. Gas lines may have been damaged and a flame could cause explosions or fires.
- Let rescuers know you are safe. If you leave your room or leave the building, be sure Hotel staff know where you are.
Consequences of Breaches of the Hotel Policy
In the event of failure to comply with management requests, in the event of any breaches of the Hotel rules and policies, the Hotel may terminate the booking or stop any event immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation. It is the policy of the Hotel not to discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, creed, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability. Guests, employees and representatives of the Tour Operator are expected to adhere to this Policy and the Hotel may, without incurring any liability to the guest, evict from the Hotel any person or persons offending against this policy.
For additional information regarding the Hotel Policy and offered services please see the Info folder, which can be found in every room.